The American Glass Guild is excited about our upcoming 10th Annual American Glass Guild Conference to be held in and around our nation's capitol, Washington DC! With many workshops from wonderful instructions, demonstrations of every sort, and a day-long trip to the National Cathedral, this year's conferene is looking to be absolutely wonderful. We hope you can join us!
Each year at the AGG Conference, the Auction has been one of the highlights of our annual gathering. In fact, it is our organization’s primary source of fundraising. Without your support and the support of manufacturers and suppliers who serve the stained glass community, we could not fulfill our mission. We aim to support those working in our field by providing a wide range of educational and informative experiences, including those offered at our annual Conference.
The American Glass Guild Auction is the sole source of support for the James C. Whitney Scholarship Fund, which has awarded 95 scholarships thus far to worthy recipients, many of whom have traveled nationally and internationally, honing their skills and knowledge.
Past auctions have consistently featured more than 100 items for sale:
• Unique, handcrafted and signed works of art glass and other original artwork
• Historical publications and valuable, sometimes collectible, books on the art and craft
of stained glass, art and architecture
• Materials such as hand-blown glass, opalescent art glass, bevels, roundels
• Tools and supplies, such as specialty brushes, vitreous paints, and metals
• Services and gift certificates for specialty workshops and instructional opportunities
both here in the US and abroad.
Below: Images of past donations made by AGG Members